What do you need to know & what to expect
In order to combat Covid-19 from spreading, World Health Organization (WHO) outlined a few recommendations and advice that are to be practiced by the public such as frequently washing hands, avoid mass gathering, as well as maintaining safe social distance when going out. Among the said advice, WHO and International Standard Organization (ISO) also recommend public health practitioners, authoritative bodies and premise owners to increase fever screening and detection. With the advent of the latest technology, there is increasing evidence in practical studies that the fever screening system provides greater accuracy in estimating body temperature.
Our equipment meets specifications stated in IEC80601-2-59 and if consistently operated in recommended procedures, it is proven and considered to be the most viable solution for mass fever screening approach. Our equipment uses Infrared technology that is accurate, contactless and non-invasive as opposed to manual fever screening operated by ground workers. As such, our equipment has been widely used in public areas such as schools, shopping malls, hospitals, and airports as its convenience also reduce risks of ground workers from contracting the virus. Type of Temperature Scanner
- IR Medical thermometer gun. To use the instrument, simply point it at the forehead of the subject. This instrument is the cheapest and easiest but requires considerable resources of manpower devoted to operating it. On the other hand, this instrument also poses risk of infection transmission to the handler.
- 7″ Temperature Scanner with Face recognition. This instrument can be mounted on a wall or placed on top of a table or floor stand. It comes with free attendance system software and scans every person individually. It can also be set up on every entrance of buildings to provide hassle-free and swift screening.
- An economical thermal scanner that can be mounted on a tripod and produce alarms when fever is detected. Only a single person can be detected at one time and no face detection feature. It can be connected to a TV for a larger display. Ideally, this Instrument is not suitable to be used in a hectic place.
- High-end fever screening system. This instrument identifies individuals with fever from 2-6 meters away of up to 20 people simultaneously, even among those wearing face masks without affecting people’s movement flow speed. The integrated artificial intelligence software capture faces and stores the screening statistic for better analysis. Our dual vision camera comes with or without a black body and offers higher IR resolution and better accuracy of less than plus-minus 0.3 °C
Specification to look for in a Temperature Scanner
- Temperature Range: The temperature range of a thermal imaging camera may be one of the most important considerations. The temperature range varies based on the scope of its usage. Every range of temperature has its own purpose and because of that, for fever screening, the range should not be too high. The temperature range for fever screening need to be around the range of 30 °C to 40 °C.
- Accuracy and Repeatability: Most high-quality thermal imaging cameras achieve a ±2% accuracy or better but for fever screening, accuracy needs to be at least 0.5%. The smaller the accuracy, the better the reading. For fever screening, every small change in temperature indicates the severity of the fever. For example, a difference of 1 °C can help indicates whether a person is having a fever or not.
- Resolution: One of the most important aspects to consider is resolution. The resolution needed is affected by the size of the imaging area and target. Higher resolution means the number of detector pixels in the camera are also high. Therefore, high-resolution thermal imaging cameras are essential for small object detection.
- Image Fusion: The comparison is being made between thermal images and visible light images to emphasize the differences in temperature for specific applications. The feature of some thermal imaging cameras shows a remarkable contrast between thermal and visible images, hence making this application more convenient to be used for image capture.
- Black body: For a better measurement, a black body or external temperature reference source is used as a reference during fever screening. The range must to be around 33 °C to 40 °C with an expanded uncertainty of ± 0.3 °C and combined stability and drift of ± 0.1 °C.
We offer four solutions to help relevant authoritative bodies detect fever among the public. The first solution is the IR Medical Thermometer Gun, which is operatable by man. The second solution is the 7″ Temperature Scanner with Face Recognition. This instrument is convenient as it can be mounted anywhere and has fast screening time. The third solution is the Tripod Thermal Scanner, which is economical but not suitable to be utilized in a crowded area as it can only detect one heat signature at a time. The fourth solution is the High-end Fever Screening System where it can help detect people with a fever up to 6 meters away from the camera and has the best accuracy among the other instruments.
With that being said, all four instruments are viable for certain situations only, and we at Israk Solutions Sdn. Bhd. are fully aware of the limitations each organization and authoritative bodies try to overcome. The limitations could be the number of people each organization wish to measure, the flow of people, the method of utilization, or simply cost factor. Obviously, each solution has its own advantages and will be a valuable asset regardless of which solution appeals more to certain organizations.